City : Calgary, AB, Canada
Category : Property Operations
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : First Capital
First Capital [TSX: FCR.UN] owns, manages and develops grocery-anchored open-air centres in neighbourhoods with the strongest demographics in Canada. As one of Canada’s top employers, we foster a vibrant culture that ensures equal opportunity and well-being for all employees in a dynamic workplace. We are proud to provide rewarding opportunities to build meaningful careers in a fun and high-performing environment.
As Property Manager, you will be responsible for the financial and operational performance of a portfolio of commercial and retail properties. You will report to the Director of Operations, Western Canada and lead the delivery of “best in class” operations to ensure properties are operated and maintained safely and efficiently. You will be the primary representative for day-to-day contact with tenants with a key focus on maintaining and enhancing tenants' relationships and the First Capital brand as the leading manager and operator of retail properties.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations and liaise with tenants on property management issues.
- Oversee administration teams’ members, including prioritization, directing activities, establishing goals and objectives, performance evaluation and communicating operational vision.
- Prepare, monitor, and report on all property expense schedules/budgets and related to achieve Net Operating Income (NOI) goals for all assigned properties. This includes monthly rents, percentage rents, miscellaneous income and parking facilities, annual operating budgets, and programs.
- Prepare strategic analysis of properties considering financial indicators, market analysis and long-term project plans.
- Ensure effective marketing and promotional activities are executed in properties where applicable.
- Develop and maintain preventative and corrective maintenance schedules and oversees maintenance activities.
- Perform Annual Building Inspection (ABI) activities.
- Manage sub-contractor activities, including preparing tender documents, tender and bid analyses, negotiating the best possible terms, preparing contract documents, and monitoring sub-contractor performance.
- Prepare buildings for BOMA and ICIS submission and awards.
- Maintain strong relationships between internal teams responsible for leasing, construction, legal, lease administration, marketing, property accounting and third-party management.
- Participate in special projects and take on other duties as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Five (5) years plus of related retail or commercial property management experience.
- Knowledge of building standards coupled with sound technical knowledge.
- Proficiency in accounting and financial management.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with tenants, external contractors, internal teams, and others within all levels.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Great leadership qualities with experience motivating and developing cross-functional teams.
- Strong business acumen with excellent judgment, analytical thinking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to coordinate multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong general computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Operating knowledge of J.D. Edwards accounting system and Building Engine is strongly desired.
- No two days are the same, and whatever the challenge, you are highly motivated to step up and problem solve.
- In the ever-changing landscape, you will be a technology champion, and use the tools available to you to automate and improve operations efficiencies.
- Any one of the following professional real estate designations would be an asset: RPA, CFM, CPM, FMA, CSM, and ASM.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We invest in People. Along with our competitive compensation packages—we’re always thinking of new ways for our people to share in the company’s success. We are very proud to offer the following to our employees:
- Flexible Hours
- Remote workdays
- Company-matched savings plans
- Annual Wellness Subsidy
- Tuition & Development Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Paid time off during December holiday season
- Parental leave benefits
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. To discuss any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.