City : Thornhill, ON
Category : ERI - Resources
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to support the growth of our Manufacturing group in the Hamilton/Burlington area. This position will be responsible for:
- Supporting the project management team.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Support Resourcing and Budget Management
- Coordination of Engineering Deliverables with discipline leads
- Maintain man-loading planning
- Prepare and maintain project schedule and cost control reports
- Managing project changes
- Prepare and maintain HSE and Quality procedures for each project
- Owner and Stakeholder Reporting; including representing WSP at meetings, presentations and addressing issues raised by Owners/Clients;
- Respond in reasonable and a timely manner in matters relating to the project scope of work
- Ensure that all lessons learned from previous projects and those from the respective phases of the projects under their control are captured and reported upon.
- Lead and or support Business Development efforts in proposal preparation
- Other duties as assigned/required
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Engineering degree, EIT, CET or P.Eng. designation
- 3 - 7 years of experience in a consulting environment focused on Industrial clients
- Project management experience is an asset
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities
- Ability to easily interact with clients in a multi-disciplined environment
- Must have a valid driving license