City : King City
Category : School Health Science - BHM
Industry : Education
Employer : Seneca
Reporting to the Chair of School of Health Sciences, the Professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering post-secondary courses. Seneca offers courses in four delivery formats: in-person, online, hybrid, and flexible. Professors may teach in any one or more of the four delivery formats.
The Professor will be responsible for providing academic leadership in the classroom and within the School, ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
Responsible for teaching courses at the Degree level, in the Healthcare Management program.
Under the direction of the senior academic officer of Seneca or designate, the Professor is responsible for:
• Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
• Incorporating active learning strategies in online, hybrid, flexible, and in-person classes.
• Implementing appropriate educational technology and tools in online, hybrid, flexible, and in-person classes.
• Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
• Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
• Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student's work within assigned courses.
Course and Curriculum Development:
• Ensuring an equitable and accessible learning community on online, hybrid, flexible, and in-person classes.
• Designing formative and summative assessments (alternative and authentic) for online, hybrid, flexible, and in-person classes.
• Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
• Defining course objectives, and evaluating and validating these objectives.
• Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
• Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
• Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors' teaching assignments.
• Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
• Participating in industry, or community-partnered, Applied Research initiatives to enhance student learning with inter-disciplinary and experiential learning opportunities.
• Minimum completed Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Health Administration, Management or a suitable mix of business and a health-related discipline.
If education is in a related field of study, please state how it is related.
• Additional relevant professional certifications such as project management, business analytics, are favorable.
• Completed Ph.D. is an asset.
• Minimum five (5) years of post-secondary or adult education teaching experience is required.
• Minimum five (5) years’ in the Health industry experience in an administrative position.
· Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff and student population is requisite, as is an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
· Ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of curriculum to students, while respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles is necessary.
· Must be able to work independently and with other faculty to develop and deliver curriculum and contribute positively to the team environment.
· Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills, motivation and a willingness to innovate and apply new teaching techniques and technologies are also required.
· Familiarity with curriculum development, student engagement, advisement, and other post-secondary practices, including Universal Design for Learning.
Note: A teaching demonstration will be required during the recruitment process.
Consideration will be given to qualified internal full-time academic and partial-load employees first in accordance with the Collective Agreement requirements. New employees will be required to demonstrate the Faculty Basic Competencies by the end of their probationary period.
As a top GTA employer, Seneca offers a competitive total compensation package. The salary range for full-time Professors ranges from $67,221 to $116,532. Upon hire, the incumbent will receive a pay calculation to determine their step within the range. To view additional perks and benefits of working at Seneca, please visit: www.senecacollege.ca/careers .