City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Cloud Pak Foundational Services (CPFS) Technical Product Manager owns delivery of Cloud Pak shared services utilized by IBM Cloud Paks and other IBM container software products. This is accomplished by gathering customer, product, and internal stakeholder feedback to set organizational priorities to deliver high-value foundational services. The CPFS Product Manager also represents the foundational services objectives/organization to senior executives in Offering and Product Development while guiding and assisting IBMs overall product delivery organizations to uniformly adopt critical capabilities that matter to our customers. Typical responsibilities include:
• Develop end-to-end business plans, set detailed direction and priorities across disciplines and monitor follow through for quarterly commits.
• Drive adoption of Foundational Services by developing an adoption strategy, plan and execution with the development and peer product managers.
• Manage the full product lifecycle through all aspects of strategy and execution.
• Collaborate and coordinate with designers, developers, field personnel and other product managers.
• Analyze and respond to performance based on quantitative and qualitative data.
• Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
• Communicate vision, plans, and status to necessary stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in Software Product Management
• Technical knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker solution development / test / delivery
• Proven experience in driving adoption of products and services
• Ability to prioritize according to strategic business goals
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex schedules and successfully driving interlock and ensuring progress across multiple stakeholders such as design, development, and cross-unit product management teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Deep knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
• Experience with container software products delivered on-prem or in cloud (hybrid models)
• Experience with and participation in initiatives based on open-source communities
• Experience with IBM Cloud, AWS and/or Azure cloud service frameworks
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.