City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position performs work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character and which routinely exercises discretion and judgment. The advanced knowledge is in a field of science or learning and gained through a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, experience, and expertise acquired in the field.
This position serves as a purchasing, expediting, or field purchasing team member who, with guidance from Purchasing Management, handles project material or project procurement support for an office, group of overhead departments or indirect procurement category within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures. This role assists other material management specialists and technicians, as required.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage material orders with oversight from Material Management
• Prepare and issue Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages in accordance with Project Plan
• Effectively use the approved material management reference system to track and report pre-award and post award purchasing activities
• Prepare and issue purchase orders and change orders
• Monitor and report supplier's performance toward completion of all deliverables in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Purchase Order
• Collaborate across all disciplines including Material Management and Construction areas.
• Generate documents, organize and manage files, and maintain tracking data and reports
• Perform routine activities to ensure timely delivery of material to support construction or other activities.
• Identify and qualify potential bidders for purchase
• Prepare bid tabulations for bulk commodities and non-complex equipment
• Perform data entry proficiently in the Material Management Work Process with the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material Management to facilitate project requirements
• Ability to coordinate domestic shipments and standard international shipments
• Ensure timely submittal and processing of supplier invoices.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards of Material Management professional responsibility.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned