Process Engineer (Solids Handling Systems)
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are proud to offer:
• Flexibility to work in the office or a hybrid of office and working from home.
• In-house training dedicated to developing your technical leadership skills.
• Mentorship and training by our Subject Matter Experts to further your technical development
• Programs to share knowledge and mentor less experienced engineers.
To enable us to meet challenging new and existing client demands, we are seeking to add new innovative thinkers to our Process Engineering team in Calgary, Alberta, to address solids handling requirements in projects ranging from Advanced Life Sciences and Mining to Energy Transition. Project development ranges from early phase engineering studies to detailed design. The ideal candidate has experience in the design of solids handling systems and is a problem solver with a proven track record of working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary Engineering environment.
• Perform a broad range of process engineering assignments for various industries with special emphasis on solids handling.
• Understand the Scope of Work and client drivers to develop the best total project solution for execution of the Process engineering work
• Interface effectively with client representatives
• Evaluation, selection and application of standard process engineering techniques and procedures
• Review work of others to assure overall quality of process designs
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and Process schedule to deliver quality deliverables on time and on budget
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards
• Lead and participate in design reviews and meetings as required
• Contact and consult with other Engineering Disciplines to ensure complete design requirements are understood