Pre-Placement Nurse Technologist (Temporary Part Time: January 2022 – March 2022)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Part Time: January 2022 - March 2022
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Home Campus: IAHS
Pay Band: 15B
Rate of Pay: $25.80
Posting Date: December 23, 2021
Closing Date: January 6, 2022 at 7:00pm EST
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position provides support confirming pre-placement related health requirements as required by placement contracts and program policies and for reviewing, tracking, and validating student compliance with regard to these requirements.
The incumbent is also responsible for communicating requirements to students (informally or by appointment), entering data into Health Tracker system, and monitoring student compliance by analyzing Health Tracker reports with staff, faculty and supporting Program Coordinators in their roles of monitoring and managing compliance concerns.
The incumbent supports the FT Nurse Technologist as subject matter expert in matters of infection control and will provide guidance to programs on the current practices in infection control as needed.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
Act as Clinical Support of Practicum Services
- Monitors any changes in Ontario Hospital Association/Ontario Medical Association guidelines and protocols as they apply to practicum health requirements and communicates these changes to a sub-committee and/or Associate Dean on a regular basis.
- Maintains communication and rapport with area Public Health offices and Doctor’s offices and communicates any changes, from their perspective, to the Leadership Team through their Supervisor.
- Helps to train Pre-placement Services, Program Assistants –or other related staff- as necessary.
- Ongoing monitoring of Health Tracker to identify database concerns and issues. Works collaboratively with IT to resolve issues.
- Uses advanced knowledge and understanding of immunizations and TB to advise and support students and to solve complex problems concerning immunizations and TB
Coordinates and Implements Student Certification
- Reviews, tracks, verifies, and certifies pre-placement health requirements
- Reviews, tracks, verifies, and certifies non health pre-placement certificates
- Manages deadlines through collaboration with Operations Manager, Associate Dean and Program Coordinator as well as Program Assistants and Field Placement Specialist.
- Attends orientation to outline requirements and answer questions
- Communicates requirements for compliance with students (by providing ongoing student support related to Q&A’s) and schedules individual student appointments for defined completion issues as required, advising students on completion expectations and implications
- Liaises and coordinates with their Operations Manager, Associate Dean, Faculty Coordinator Leads and Program Assistants who may be participating in the data collection and verification process; enters requirements documentation into Health Tracker.
- Liaises with their Operations Manager, Associate Dean and Faculty Program Coordinator Leads in all matters related to practicum requirements
Monitors Student Compliance
- Analyzing Health Tracker reports and provides input to Program Coordinators and Program Assistants on such compliance as required
Other Duties as Assigned
The successful applicant must have:
- A 4 year Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree or equivalency
- Registered Nurse holding a current College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience with HS Trax would be an asset
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community
This position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required, and will be required to follow Mohawk College’s vaccination policy.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Mohawk College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at 905-575-2047.