City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
POLICY ANALYST (3 POSITIONS):
($67,712.13 - $78,694.16 Annually)
Reporting to the Director, Program Planning, the Policy Analyst applies an in-depth understanding of the broader public policy environment and best practices in policy development, to ensure BC Housing Commission’s policies are developed and implemented in alignment with the Policy Framework and BC Housing’s strategic direction. The position leads cross-branch working groups and review teams and prepares position papers and recommends policy alternatives. The role also provides training and workshops to internal and external stakeholders on policy-related initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, business administration, planning, or other relevant fields.
- Considerable experience in public policy development, research, analysis, and project management.
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices in policy development
- Ability to apply the related principles and practices to the development, implementation, and review of policies, procedures, and forms
- Ability to learn and understand relevant legislation and regulations that impact BC Housing’s policy
- Ability to learn and understand the function of business areas across the Commission
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s mandate, housing programs, and services
- Ability to establish, foster, and maintain positive and effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and the ability prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, research, problem solving, and public presentation skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and document management systems and tools