Piping Construction Coordinator – OSBL
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Functionally reporting to the Area Technical Service Manager, the successful candidate will be assigned to the construction team in support of the high voltage and switchyard areas. Primary duties are to provide technical support to craft and supervision, as well as helping to satisfy the quality requirements on the project. Construction Coordinators do not have any direct responsibility for achieving progress or productivity, however, they are responsible for ensuring that progress is accurately reported and verified, and to minimize or eliminate any obstruction to the efficient working of the project. Construction Coordinators serve as the liaison between JFJV Construction and the field engineering, quality, AWP, and turnover functions on the project. The primary role of the Construction Coordinator is to act as the focal point for technical interfaces in construction team; ensuring that construction requirements are made known and promptly supported by other functions; and to coordinate with other groups in the technical services and quality organizations to ensure that construction delivers the requirements to support other project team members.
• Investigates and engages field engineering (when necessary) to resolve engineering and technical-related problems for both direct and subcontract labour.
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents and contractors, and provides specific expertise for problem-solving activities.
• Provides technical evaluation of bid proposals.
• Coordinates the work of field engineers, drafters, technicians, and other personnel who provide assistance on specific assignments.
• Coordinates the preparation and revision of technical work procedures (in conjunction with field engineering) consistent with project design and construction requirements.
• Liaisons with AWP/WFP and confirms the status of material deliveries to minimize schedule delays by cooperating with field material management.
• Verifies construction, building permits, and licenses, are available ahead of the work front.
• Validates material take-offs and equipment forecasts prepared by WFP, as well as initiates and prepares requisitions for the procurement of services, necessary to support the project schedule.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
• Coordinates completion of construction activities in assigned systems and assists construction and turnover with preparing punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release to turnover.
• Monitors preparation of travel packages, work packages, and other construction-related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
• Monitors and inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
• Assists construction with submission of warehouse requisitions and expedites the delivery of materials to the field.
• Assists field engineers by gathering information pertaining to field construction problems and providing input for resolution.
• Adheres to project AWP practices, procedures, and guidelines.
• Facilitates data transfer to AWP group
• Establishes and maintains effective communication between construction and AWP, field engineering, quality, and turnover, to ensure the timely flow of design documents and information in accordance with CWP Health Checks, and CWP holds and constraint management.
• Maintains liaison with technical and construction support departments to provide the technical and construction expertise required to support the project.
• Supports the implementation of the constructability review program during the design and construction phases of the project.
• Coordinates, in conjunction with the contract administration group, the technical administration of contracts.
• Confirms with WFP that construction is receiving current AFC project design documents.
• Interfaces with the Technical Services – Technical Contracts group for the site survey requests to provide horizontal and vertical control.
• Assists craftsmen, foreman, and construction supervisors, with regards to construction-related issues identified on drawings.
• Develops methods and techniques for the implementation of special processes.
• Develops and implements testing and examination procedures and programs.
• Coordinates the review and where necessary, obtains final survey information to assist field engineers with redline drawing creation and maintenance (varies depending on self-perform or subcontract scope).
• Coordinates the preparation and implementation of the project quality program when the quality function is the responsibility of the construction coordinator as per the Site Quality Manual – Quality Responsibility Matrix.
• Reports on the status of functions and activities performed by the Construction Coordinators to construction and Technical Services Management.
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Provides input to the Project Completion Report.
• Reviews of all vendor representatives’ support requirements with project supervisor and determine required date at site and duration. Interface with contract administration group and assist for developing vendor service contracts.
• Supports the needs of Project Controls with quantity reporting and verification of installed quantities for self-performed construction, or audits contractor request for progress payments to verify quantities for subcontract scope.
• Coordinates with system completion and turnover teams with regard to start-up activities for assigned systems.
• Prepare scope for change orders, extra work order or back charge notices for subcontract work.
• Other duties as assigned.