Ontario Land Surveyor Project Manager
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Ontario Land Surveyor Project Manager - ( 2300030H )
Stantec Geomatics Ltd. is seeking an Ontario Land Surveyor Project Manager to develop prospects in our Waterloo office. This position involves the supervision of a dedicated team of survey technologists and technicians and liaising with clients and team leads from other disciplines. This position will appeal to those individuals who enjoy a dynamic work environment where they can manage multifaceted projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project management for a range of land surveying projects including legal, topographic, engineering and construction. The Project Manager will have full responsibility for the project’s success from initiation to close-out. Typical duties to include client interaction, preparing proposals, project research, project computations, field and office staff supervision, plan review, signing plans, reporting, and timely delivery of final returns.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final plan checking, and client relations.
- Manage multiple projects as an Owner’s Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule is of utmost importance.
- Communicates daily with the client and project team.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Works directly with project team members, including other licensed surveyors, engineers, architects and technical staff.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with GPS and total station survey equipment.
- Experience with survey computational and least squares adjustment software (Micro Survey and AutoCAD) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Eager to learn and develop professionally.
- OLS designation preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field, with a minimum of 7 years land surveying experience. Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor preferred, though candidates with an appropriate level of education and experience will be considered.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1614 CommDev-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 4, 2023, 10:08:33 AM
Req ID: 2300030H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans