Material Offloading Facility (MOF) Operations Manager
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
As a part of the LNG Canada Project, the JFJV is constructing a Material Offloading Facility (MOF) to receive prefabricated construction modules, bulk construction equipment and other construction materials.
The JFJV requires a subject matter expert in “Marine Operations” who will execute to existing MOF operations execution plans, procedures, work instructions, etc. including during the period when the MOF is under construction. Upon completion of MOF construction, transition to overseeing its operation which will include receiving some of the largest prefabricated construction modules in Canadian history.
Reporting to the JFJV Field Materials Manager (FMM), the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Overall responsibility for managing all MOF operations and facilities.
• Execute to the requirements of the JFJV “FMM MOF Operations Execution Plan”. Including all policies, practices, and standard operating procedures for the operation of the MOF with a strong focus on safety.
• Once construction is complete, transition into overseeing the day-to-day operations of the MOF.
• Support arrival, mooring, cargo discharge and sail away of marine vessels to/from the MOF.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies, governmental agencies, and other key organizations.
• Review and approve all safe work practices and work plans for work at the MOF.
• Mentor and develop skills of supervisors and craft trades with marine processes and regulations.
• Communicate with vessel Masters and ensure their work is performed safely.
• Coordinate and oversee all work performed by outside contractors.
• Schedule and allocate required work to contractors to meet priorities.
• Coordinate with other site construction groups and manage any interface issues to support work as required.
• Ensures project priorities for safety, cost, quality and schedule are accurately. conveyed to the JFJV FMM leadership Team.
• Act as area authority for permitting requirements.
• Reviews and approves marine method statements.
• Updates project information and maintains project files tracking cost, schedule, and progress.
• Report daily activities, conduct daily coordination meetings including LEMS.
• Perform other duties and work assignments as required.