City : CAN - QC - Montréal
Category : FN-Finance
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Manager, Accounting
Location: Montreal (QC), Canada
Type of contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $53,235 - $66,544 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Manager, Accounting.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking the first step to being part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians and people abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the CRC, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people of all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
Working with the Finance Management team, the Manager, Accounting, will support CRC’s COVID-19 operations by tracking relevant project funding and billing cycles.
As Manager, Accounting, you will:
• Manage the team, coordinate work, and train staff in charge of billable projects.
• Respond in a timely matter to concerns and issues raised by staff and create an action plan to address them.
• Analyze all customer and supplier data and make the necessary adjustments and follow-ups.
• Prepare claims for submission to various levels of government.
• Ensure the work tools are up to date and that staff is proficient with these tools.
• Raise any concerns to the Controller and the Finance Director.
• Carry out the complete accounting cycle for the projects.
• Support the Finance Director and the Controller in managing project concerns.
• Approve expenditures and accounting entries.
We’re looking for:
• College diploma in accounting or university certificate in management.
• 5+ years of experience in accounting.
• 1-3 years of experience in personnel management.
• A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Bilingualism English-French is required.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook especially, with advanced Excel skills.
• Experience with importing Excel files.
• Proficiency with Dynamics AX is an asset.
- This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Hybrid model: 1-2 days/week at the Red Cross office in Montreal and work from home the rest of the week.
- This position requires a satisfactory Criminal Record Check or Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who cannot unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.