City : Port Colborne, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Welcome to Vale in Canada. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
The Industrial Mechanic / Millwright is integral for employee safety and Vale’s long-term operating strategy. Members of this team work across different locations to ensure all systems are functioning accurately. Team members are also involved in the development of long-term and short-term maintenance initiatives, practices and procedures.
The Port Colborne Refinery was commissioned 100 years ago on the shore of Lake Erie. Raw materials and finished products from Vale’s Sudbury and Newfoundland and Labrador operations are transported to Port Colborne for processing.
We are currently seeking Industrial Mechanics / Millwrights to join our Maintenance Department in Port Colborne, Ontario. This is a permanent position.
As an Industrial Mechanic / Millwright, you will be responsible for installing and dismantling of equipment to inspecting and maintaining of equipment. Your experience and skills will contribute to interpreting instructions, sketches, drawings, templates, work orders, welding procedures and data sheets related to work assignments in either the shop or field. Additionally, in this position, you will:
- To install, dismantle, assemble, construct, erect, move, replace, inspect, adjust, maintain and repair mechanical and process equipment and structures throughout mines and plants.
- To install, inspect, service and test hoisting ropes and shaft conveyances.
- Align with work safety policies and safety regulations.
Fully Licensed Tradesperson:
- Trade Certification:
- Valid Industrial Mechanic/Millwright 433A trade certificate for the province of Ontario. OR. Valid Steamfitter 307A trade certificate for the province of Ontario.
- Red Seal designation.
- Experience: At minimum, 3 years of industrial experience is preferred.
- Experience in fabricating, installing and maintaining pressure piping, fiberglass, solvent welded, and natural gas systems including piping systems is preferred.
- Experience installing and maintaining boilers and compressors is preferred.
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing hydraulic equipment, mechanical drives, conveyor systems, overhead cranes, pumps and equipment alignment is preferred.
- Oxy acetylene cutting and burning, and mechanical blueprint reading would also be an asset.
How can Vale grow your career?
The Industrial Mechanic / Millwright, is a maintenance position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits
- Desirable incentive program
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across its operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at www.valejobs.ca or by clicking Apply below. Please attach a copy of your trade license.
We appreciate your interest in being a part of the team though only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply by: April 2, 2023