HR Advisor – Contract
City : Brampton - Walker Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Reporting to the HR Manager, the Human Resources Advisor will provide generalist support to the facility as it relates to HR functions for both the hourly associates and the salaried team. The incumbent will be responsible for providing front-line day to day operational support, providing coaching and direction in HR functional areas. The incumbent will assist Managers and Supervisors in the administration of the collective agreement in order to foster positive employee relations. The facility is currently expanding, so along with the current HR Coordinator the responsibilities will be shared to ensure adequate support for the business.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Maintain complete and accurate employee files for hourly associates.
- Ensure adequate hourly staffing levels are maintained by coordinating with production and external temporary labour providers.
- Lead the hourly recruitment process for skilled labour including applicant selection, interviewing, and reference checking and offer preparation.
- Participate in develop of training materials and new hire orientation.
- Support supervisors with facility & corporate training initiatives (SISTEM)
- The coordination of internal job postings, transfers, layoffs, recalls and related administration
- Administer the pension and benefit plans including coordinating with the Corporate Pension and Benefits team on new enrollments, plan changes, plan terminations and employee specific issues.
- Provide support to ensure that payroll can be processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Utilize human capital management systems (i.e. SAP, KRONOS) to maintain employee information as it relates to adding new hires, termination, job changes, and rate adjustments etc. for all hourly employees.
- Provide coaching and training to Supervisors and hourly associates on Human Resources processes and policies.
- Participate in the grievance resolution process
- Respond to hourly employee inquires and concerns and take steps to resolve issues.
- Investigate reported employee incidents and assist in the delivery of any required disciplinary action.
- Review, updating and implementation of policies and procedures
- Administer hourly employee requests for time off and track vacation entitlement.
- Assist in the organization of company social events.
- Prepare monthly reports and statistics for plant and corporate purposes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Back up the HR Manager when required
What You’ll Bring:
- The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with associates and employees. The preferred candidate will possess the following;
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent experience, including but not limited to one of the following disciplines: Human Resources, Labour Relations, Psychology or Commerce
- CHRL or CHRP designation as asset
- 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; food processing industry preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in MS Office (Excel, Word etc)
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.