City : Abbotsford
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Hospital And Health Care
Employer : Sodexo
Where: Abbotsford Regional Hospital
What: Full Time, Part Time & Casual positions
Shift: 7.5 hours
Wage: $17.15 per hour
- Perform all of the housekeeping tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, client staff and customers.
- Interacts effectively with facility staff, patients, residents or visitors
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas as following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts Horizontal surfaces.
- Empties waste baskets, removes waste and relines baskets.
- Damp wipes and cleans all furniture.
- Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in the bathroom.
- Spot cleans walls and windows.
- Polishes metal surfaces.
- Replenishes room supplies.
- Performs discharge duties when required
- Performs heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dust and wet mops floors. Scrub or buff floors with the appropriate equipment.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets for cleaning and bacterial control. Strip and refinish hard surface floors.
- Dispose of chemical waste in prescribed method.
- Clean light fixtures and fittings.
- Measure and mix cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed.
- Performs role safely by:
- Learning the safe way to perform the job and ensuring other cooks follow.
- Performing each task in a safe manner using proper PPE and equipment provided, following instructions and established procedures.
- Reporting all injuries and hazardous conditions to management immediately.
- Supporting the Safety Program in the unit.
- Other tasks, duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor or manager or designate.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Full vaccination record for Covid-19 (2 Doses)
- Minimum grade 10 education.
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience
- English proficiency, verbal and written to allow safe performance of the job.
- Clearance for Criminal record check.
- After initial training demonstrate the ability to utilize supplies, tools and equipment.
- Have the ability to stand for 7.5 hours, lift. Bend, kneel, crouch, and reach.
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs