City : London, ON
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP is currently seeking a geotechnical field technician to join our ground engineering group in London. The roles and responsibilities will consist of a combination of geotechnical field inspections on construction sites for various elements, supervision of geotechnical exploration programs, booking drill rigs and utility locates and some factual reporting.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provide technical services in a field, laboratory and office environment;
- Conduct on site inspections at construction sites, such as footing inspections, pile installation monitoring, pavement assessment, shoring installation, etc.;
- Supervise geotechnical exploration programs via geotechnical borehole drilling, test pitting, rock coring, CPT testing, etc.;
- Assist in arranging drilling equipment, traffic control, underground utility locates and the like
- Participate in a team environment;
- Demonstrate a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff;
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour to uphold WSP's reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values;
- Work with and provide support to other members of the ground engineering group in assisting with other field, laboratory and office activities, as required
What you'll bring to WSP ...
+5 years of relevant experience working as a geotechnical field technician;
Knowledge of drilling procedures and underground utility clearance process;
Your own vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid driver's license;
People skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
Good written and verbal communication skills;
Strong organizational skills.