City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Full Stack Developer within CM Digital team, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, support, and release activities on strategic initiatives to various business functions within RBC Capital Markets and RBC Investor & Treasury Services portfolio. This involves hands on coding, design and architect technical solutions, perform code reviews, research and adopt emerging technologies to keep product up to date. We are looking for a strong technical resource who can solution and execute to deliver end-end technical solutions leveraging React, Node.JS and other technologies.
What will you do?
- Helps drive architectural discussions, enforces code structure, code quality, patterns and standards and oversees the execution / production of product development. Uses domain knowledge to mitigate tactical and technological risks.
- Works with Business Owners, Project Managers to ensure that the deliverables achieve the business result that enables value creation.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches; provide accurate cost estimates and work with the team to meet the projected timelines.
- Ensures user experience, and user interface design is cutting edge, user friendly, and intuitive. Partners up with UI/UX leads where appropriate.
- Helps to drive product adoption, including demos, planning product features and changes during the early stages of project formation.
- Building exciting, customer-focused, engaging applications by focusing on software engineering / design / architecture excellence
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years development experience with React, Redux, RxJS and Node.js used to build scalable server-side APIs and modern applications.
- Experience in multi-tier applications based on Microsoft .NET technology stack including C#, .Net, .Net Core, MVC, Webforms, Web Services.
- Hands on experience designing, developing, testing, and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger).
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems including MS SQL Server 2012-2016. Ability to create database schema to align with technical requirements of the initiative.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communications skills - ability to present effectively to peers and management as it relates to technical solutions.
- Familiar with Unix and Windows environments; ability to configure Node, Nginx operating ecosystem and run applications developed in this stack.
- Experience with DevOps such as Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, and other similar technologies.
- Working knowledge of no-SQL data stores/search technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch and caching capabilities (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with Messaging Queue systems such as Solace.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies and developing applications for cloud deployment via Kubernetes/Docker. Familiar with micro-services architecture and API management
- Experience building applications delivered and executed in cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building secure, scalable applications for client-facing outreach.
- Experience with Test-Driven-Design - Unit-Testing and Functional Testing, using frameworks like Jest, Mocha, Chai and MSW.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.