Front End Developer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Front-End Developer within CM Digital team, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, support, and release activities on strategic initiatives to various business functions within RBC Capital Markets and RBC Investor & Treasury Services portfolio. This involves hands on coding, design, and architect technical solutions, perform code reviews, research and adopt emerging technologies to keep product up to date. We are looking for a strong technical resource who can solution and execute to deliver front-end technical solutions leveraging ReactJS.
What will you do?
- Helps drive architectural discussions, enforces code structure, code quality, patterns and standards and oversees the execution / production of product development. Uses domain knowledge to mitigate tactical and technological risks.
- Works with Business Owners, Project Managers to ensure that the deliverables achieve the business result that enables value creation.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches; provide accurate cost estimates and work with the team to meet the projected timelines.
- Ensures user experience, and user interface design is cutting edge, user friendly, and intuitive. Partners up with UI/UX leads where appropriate.
- Helps to drive product adoption, including demos, planning product features and changes during the early stages of project formation.
- Building exciting, customer-focused, engaging applications by focusing on software engineering / design / architecture excellence.
What do you need to succeed?
- Hands on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger).
- Experience with DevOps such as Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and other similar technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communications skills - ability to present effectively to peers and management as it relates to technical solutions.
- Experience with back-end technology using NodeJS or .Net and front-end technology using Angular.
- Experience with Test Driven Design, Unit Testing and Functional Testing, using frameworks like Jest, Mocha, Chai and MSW.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.