City : Calgary
Category : Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 15-month temporary Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Finance, this hands-on role supports and is accountable for delivering timely, accurate and relevant financial/business analysis to support enterprise management reporting and General and Administration (G&A) business teams. Please note that this a 15-month temporary position.
A typical day
• Conducts research to understand month-end financial variances at both the G&A and enterprise levels
• Supports the G&A forecast, annual operating planning and long-term projections
• Researches and resolves G&A inquiries for assigned functional areas
• Assists in preparation of financial models, analysis and reporting to assist and support in management decisions
• Supports monthly and quarterly management reporting process to deliver relevant and timely financial information and insight to senior leadership team
• Collaborates with finance colleagues and G&A business partners
• Assists with business cases/ROI analysis to support G&A strategic initiatives and projects
• Develops dashboards and scorecards in support of G&A functions
• Supports the creation of Board and executive presentations
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis, special projects as required
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce preferred
• 3-5 years relevant accounting or analytics experience preferred
• Very strong analytical skills and ability to work with large amounts of data
• Strong technical skills (emphasis on MS Excel and PowerPoint), with the ability to adapt to new systems and applications quickly.
• Technical experience with Oracle, data analytical tools and financial planning tools is an asset
• Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Completion of or working towards a recognized professional designation (CPA/CFA) considered an asset
• A proactive, energetic, and enthusiastic approach to your work
• A flexible attitude towards change and the ability to adapt to new situations, desire to learn
• High attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated