Field Review Engineer
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Area Construction Manager (CM), the Field Review Engineer will be onsite in support of the Senior Construction Coordinator/Chief Inspector and will be assigned delegated responsibilities. Technical interface for field queries will be a key role of the Field Review Engineer to facilitate timely responses to the construction crews. The Field Engineer will be accountable for the detailed monitoring of field technical issues, including survey and as-builts, RFIs from the contractor, scope changes, technical assistance to the inspection and contractor personnel, overall successful project execution and client satisfaction on the project.
· Participate in contractor meetings (toolbox talks, weekly safety meetings, site safety inspections, etc.).
· Observe and abide by all site safety rules, assist to promote and support a strong safety culture.
· Support and comply with BNA’s Quality Management System.
· Review and understand contracts, pricing, terms and conditions, special conditions and any qualifications that are part of the project.
· Provide support to the Construction Management Team (CMT) on contractual issues. Assist CM to ensure change orders are issued and approved in a timely manner.
· Coordinate construction support engineering visits. Organize compliance to design inspections with engineering as construction progresses.
· Audit contractor reports to ensure they are submitted timely, accurately and complete.
· Responsible for the on-site management of the Request for Information (RFI) process. Receive RFI and distribute to responsible persons for disposition. Ensure responses are received and communicated in an agreed time frame.
· Responsible for document control on site.
· Review all drawings and assess whether the design is applicable to the actual conditions encountered in the field. Should the field conditions encountered differ from those assumed in the design, the Field Review Engineer must quantify the changed conditions and make recommendations on design changes, through the Senior Construction Coordinator, to the Project Engineer (PE).
· Assume responsibility for the assembly of all required as-built information.
· Participate in bi-weekly meeting with contractors and field staff to validate schedule progress.
· Assist with management and maintenance of quality plan for the project.
· Review contractor Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) for technical validation, assist and support senior construction coordinator on sign off items.
· Become familiar with project specifications, drawings and contracts. Provide technical interpretation on field issues, changes, etc.
· Expedite, through the PE, the issue of all design changes which must be made by the Project Design Group Prime contact as engineering liaison regarding missing technical information, drawing issues and vendor information.
· Support Senior Construction Coordinator in managing site conflicts, proposing path forward to contractor inquiries, coordinating schedules and to issuing weekly progress update to CM.
· Act as fill in for Senior Construction Coordinator, in his/her absence. Document construction progress, including photographs and file accordingly.
· Compile and assist in the monitoring and receipt of contractor scope punch list items.
· Observe the work as it progresses for technical compliance to the drawings.
· Completing and submitting OEM supplied equipment repair advises.
· Ordering material as needed to complete the project.
· Visually inspecting materials for the project.
· Coordinating the arrival of all material to site.
· Coordinating the return of extra materials to the warehouse after project completion.
· Coordinating the exchange of material between Owner construction sites.· Keeping accurate records of material quantities.
· Responding to Contractor’s requests for material as needed and purchasing materials missed or damaged.