City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Administrative
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Reporting to the General Manager, Asset Management, the Executive Assistant will provide efficient, effective, proactive and confidential administrative services to the General Manager of Asset Management and Vice President of Global Supply Chain.
The position will be based out of our Fort Saskatchewan plant site.
- Proactively coordinate and maintain the schedule/calendars of GM/VP. This includes coordination of conference calls and meetings, arranging beverages and/or catering, when required, and coordination of team events. Liaise with both internal and external contacts to arrange meeting logistics, gathering of information, and reschedule where conflicts arise.
- Prepare expense reports, coordinate approval and payment of invoices.
- Draft and/or edit internal and external correspondence including letters, memos, e-mails, agreements, contracts, reports and presentations; take or transcribe meeting minutes.
- Sort, distribute and review incoming correspondence in order to determine their significance, distribute and take appropriate action.
- Perform other administrative tasks including printing documents, filing documents, arranging sign-off on key documents, initiating presentations and reports.
- Support effective Spanish translation services for written communication, presentations, emails. and documents as required.
- Provide assistance to arrange travel and transportation, in and out of the country as required.
- Provide back-up support to other Executive Assistants as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- University undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Minimum 10 years of progressive administrative experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with executive leadership .
- Presentation and excel analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize and adjust easily
- Time management skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Sensitive to confidential matters
- Strong cultural awareness
- Bilingual English – Spanish knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of some financial, technical terms is an asset
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.