Environmental Services Team Lead – Characterization and remediation
City : SAINT
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Services Team Lead – Characterization and remediation - ( 240000U0 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead in their field of expertise and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for and we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Join Stantec as a Team Lead - Environmental Characterization and Remediation. The position is based at our office in Ville Saint-Laurent, Quebec.
Reporting to the Director of Operations (BCOL), you will be part of the management team of Environmental Services. You will use your leadership skills to guide and develop a highly competent and motivated team, while ensuring that projects meet and exceed our client’s expectations.
This opportunity is for you if you want to grow your career, get out of your comfort zone, and want to enhance your technical, leadership and customer service skills. Don't hesitate to apply today!
Your main responsibilities
In addition to managing geo-environmental projects, you will have the following responsibilities as a team lead:
- Manage the resource allocation and professional development of Environmental Services team members working in your discipline.
- Supervise junior team members and support their career development.
- Conduct regular team meetings and communicate information.
- Promote a culture of health and safety within the team.
- Support the team in achieving billability targets.
- Promote a culture of innovation within the team.
- Inspire a culture of collaboration and knowledge transfer.
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high quality talent.
- Conduct year-end performance appraisals of team members.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in geology engineering or any related field.
- At least eight years' experience in environmental characterization & remediation.
- Fluent French (spoken and written)
- Valid driver's license.
- ASP Construction card.
Your keys to success
- Management experience.
- Mentoring, organizational and planning skills.
- Good analytical, synthesis and writing skills.
- Knowledge of English is an asset to facilitate collaboration with our internal teams outside Quebec or with our customers.
- Willingness to adhere to Stantec's values, notably inclusion and diversity.
- Experience in consulting services or a deep understanding of this field in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in planning and executing projects under limited supervision.
- Flexibility and strong adaptability (occasional travel throughout Quebec or Canada).
Why choose Stantec?
In addition to promising projects that improve the quality of life of our citizens, Stantec also stands out for its employee benefits and other programs. Above all, we make every effort to help you grow.
- Stimulating projects with interesting technical challenges within a dynamic and welcoming team.
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 h/week.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Flexible group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP.
- Employee share ownership plan.
- Training and skills development program.
Why apply?300 new employees have joined us in the last 12 months because the projects won by Stantec meet the expectations of consulting engineering professionals!
If you see yourself in this position, apply today or contact your recruiter Marco Vanderwey on LinkedIn!
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Saint-Laurent
Organization : BC-1670 EnvSvcs-CA Quebec
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 21, 2024, 7:16:48 AM
Req ID: 240000U0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans