City : Stewart, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for assisting employees and contractors to advance the KSM Project. This includes coordination, planning, and tracking activities of environmental field crews over a large and diverse site, following up with reports and spreadsheets, and communicating with onsite and office-based staff. Ability to comprehend and learn a diverse field of scientific knowledge is needed for this role.
Key responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate environmental field crew activities;
• Interface with construction teams and site management to realize on-going and future needs;
• Oversee the on-boarding of field teams and ensuring pre-arrival requirements are met;
• Communicate regulatory and compliance items to other departments that require action;
• Follow up on compliance reporting, review and audit/inspect management plan components;
• Monitor daily sampling activities and field crew movements in remote areas;
• Assist with environmental awareness training, bulletins, and internal communications;
• Generate and populate tracking spreadsheets;
• Active participation in crew safety toolbox talks;
• Contributing to form creation for site activities;
• Data entry from audits and contractor tracking items (water trucks for dust suppression, wildlife cards).