Electrical Designer – Intermediate – Mining
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The Electrical group is a dynamic team in which engineering and design are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on electrical design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors and contractors is essential.
The Electrical designer is responsible for the development of technical drawings, , and wiring details for projects in the mineral processing industry.
The designer works under the supervision of the design supervisor or the discipline lead engineer.
- Prepare deliverables including layouts, lists, and conceptual designs in compliance with applicable electrical codes
- Prepare power/control, lighting, and grounding design drawings and associated MTOs
- Prepare single line diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Prepare electrical load lists and electrical equipment lists
- Check electrical drawings and other deliverables
- Proficient in S3D and SmartSketch
- Perform squad check of drawings from other disciplines
- Interface with other design disciplines
- Perform electrical calculations including lighting and cable tray sizing
- Review vendor drawings and update our designs accordingly
- Assist the Design Supervisor as required
- Other duties as assigned