Divisional Program Technician
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 200042-Inst Admin - Trades & Technology
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: DIVISIONAL PROGRAM TECHNICIAN
To provide support and assistance to students and faculty in various trades programs including providing demonstrations, monitoring shop work safety, maintaining inventory and repairs of tools, and equipment and preparing materials for learning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Entry Level TQ in a building technology related field or equivalent experience supplemented by 10 years related experience supporting vocational trades training programs.
• Experience in monitoring student activity in a shop environment, ensuring the safe handling of materials, tools and equipment.
• Demonstrated experience supporting electronic and/or electrical training.
• Ability to operate and maintain forklifUworkshop vehicles and have Forklift and Reach Truck certification.
• Experience with computer software applications for trades and automotive systems. Competence in the following software: MS Office, MS Excel, Outlook.
• Extensive demonstrated experience with the safe use of machinery applicable to the trades.
• Demonstrated knowledge of WHMIS and WCB safe work procedures for the trades.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance of machine tools.
• Proven ability to organize work, multi-task and work to deadlines.
• Proven ability to deal effectively with others and to handle unusual or unexpected situations, including the ability to deal with hostile or upset clients.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to display initiative, discretion and meet changing priorities; to tolerate ambiguity; to work on multiple tasks simultaneously; meet deadlines and make responsible decisions.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Physical ability to lift and carry heavy items.
Please click here for detailed job description.
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.