Director – US Equity Derivatives
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 97731
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Title: Director, U.S. Equity Derivatives Trading / Global Equities / Global Banking & Markets
Contributes to the overall success of the Equity Derivatives & Investor Solutions team in the U.S. ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages various exotic option risks on U.S. equities.
- Provides regular live pricing updates for the structured products business, including backup to non-exotic business when required.
- Partners with the financial engineering team to expand model suite and risk management capabilities.
- Manages all greeks derived from the Region’s index, ETF and single stock exotic option positions.
- Ensures all risks are contained within the approved limits outlined in the Desk’s LCS.
- Ensures all trading is conducted within the Desk’s approve Volcker operating plan.
- Assists the EDT team in testing new model enhancements to help reduce model risk post implementation.
- Communicates with clients on matters related to equity derivatives when requested by Sales.
- Maintains communication with internal support groups on all matters related to the GED Options books.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Minimum 7 years work experience in equity exotic options trading.
- Extensive knowledge of global capital markets and structured financial products.
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. Retail Structured Products market including the ability to price and risk manage autocallables, worst-ofs, barriers, correlation and other exotic structures.
- Extensive knowledge of derivatives, including exotic equity and hybrid products.
- University degree in Business/Finance/Mathematics.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and collaborative working environment.
- Fully licensed and registered for trading stocks, options and futures in the US; minimum Series 3, 7, 63 and 55 qualified. Similar designations for Canada are required but not mandatory prior to commencing.
- Advanced computer skills required, especially in MS Excel and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of Fidessa is required.
- Strong team player, making ongoing risk management decisions within the context of group collaboration.
- Strong communication, business development and relationship management skills.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.