Design Engineering Systems Specialist – New Graduate
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Join a global leader. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As a New Graduate Design Engineering Systems Specialist (Project Automation), you will provide local project support for, MasterPlant™ and other project automation technology used. As a technical specialist you will provide end user project support, project configuration, and special project modifications required for a limited number of systems.
• Provide technical configuration and office support for the MasterPlant™ technology in conjunction with the office Project Systems & Data discipline group, with initial focus on MicroStation and Autodesk products, eventually transitioning into configuration and support of Hexagon SQL based design systems.
• Provide drawing and model file format conversions and translation checks to support project requirements
• Develop data integrated consoles, analytic reports and data visualizations (dashboards) using SQL and Microsoft Power BI, to satisfy project requirements
• Work with Senior Project Automation Specialist’s (PAS) in reviewing and developing implementation plans and documentation for new innovative project solutions and systems/devices, such as VR, AR, 360 photo documentation, wearables and drones
• Employ effective knowledge sharing behaviors in the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Work with the Project Information Manager (PIM) to analyze any technical implementation or configuration issues for the MasterPlant™ technology
• Collaborate with senior Project Automation Specialist’s (PAS) to analyze and evaluate the MasterPlant™ technology support and implementation requirements
• Provide basic end user office support, project setup and configuration, or special project modifications required for the automation technology under the direction of a senior PAS
• Assist Information Technology (IT) in evaluating technology impact to Fluor infrastructure and systems
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize personal work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job