City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to plan and execute the Project Controls requirements for a project. The individual will be responsible for incurred cost, cost flows, coordinate the change management process, analyzing project costs, forecasting, providing variance explanations against the plan, and reporting to internal and external management, effective communication skills, highly motivated, lump sum project experience, experience with utilizing SAP, time management, other duties as assigned.
• Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
• Accumulate and compile accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the project
• Develop cost control/scheduling procedures, execution plan, and business plan for a project
• Participate in weekly project cost reviews/schedule meetings
• Develop and implement a basic change management system for engineering and construction
• Develop and maintain Management, Project and Control level schedules
• Identify trends and deviations and recommends corrective courses of action
• Maintain the established project cost/schedule program and prepares schedule/cost status reports
• Provide meaningful, accurate historical data