City : Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Construction Planner do not have any direct responsibility for achieving progress or productivity, however a Construction Planner plans and performs work requiring sound engineering judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of assignments. As a fully competent Construction Specialist Engineer, applies diversified knowledge of construction and technical principles, practices, and methods for a range of assignments requiring knowledge and experience with advanced methods, techniques, and procedures. May implement and execute construction support activities on large to mega sized projects worldwide. On the largest projects the Construction Planner may function as the “lead” for construction support activities.
• This position has developed a working knowledge in one or more specific construction disciplines.
• Develop methods, techniques, and procedures for the implementation and troubleshooting of special construction discipline work processes.
• Support projects that are in the office and in the field.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of assignments and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors, and provides specific expertise for problem-solving activities.
• Coordinates the work of field engineers, drafters, technicians, and other personnel who provide assistance on specific assignments.
• Liaisons with AWP/WFP and confirms the status of material deliveries to minimize schedule delays by cooperating with field material management.
• Monitors preparation of travel packages, work packages, and other construction-related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
• Adheres to project AWP practices, procedures, and guidelines.
• Facilitates data transfer to AWP group.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication between construction and AWP, field engineering, quality, and turnover, to ensure the timely flow of design documents and information in accordance with CWP Health Checks, and CWP holds and constraint management.
• Maintains liaison with technical and construction support departments to provide the technical and construction expertise required to support the project.
• Confirms with WFP that construction is receiving current AFC project design documents.
• Manual – Quality Responsibility Matrix.
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Other duties as assigned.