City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Engineer - ( 230003VO )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Construction Engineer to join our Program and Construction Management team to help us deliver one of the largest Transit / Rail infrastructure programs in Canadian history. You will be an important part of a $90B Program Portfolio that, once completed, will improve the quality of life for millions of GTHA citizens. The Construction Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide various technical, analytical, administrative, financial, and field functions to ensure the effective administration of construction contracts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Interpret the Contract Documents to ensure that the work is completed a specified.
- Review the Contract Work, material and methods to ensure that the requirements of the Contract Documents are met in a safe manner with the requisite quality.
- Review, analyze and comment on Contractor submissions on materials, claims, delays, change orders, including schedule impacts and payments.
- Monitor the timeliness of the submissions to ensure that the Work is not delayed by late submissions and approvals.
- Prepare monthly progress reports for active construction contracts.
- Receive, analyze and recommend for approval Contractors’ Schedule submissions.
- Review, analyze and compare Monthly Schedule Updates to ensure that they comply with the approved Contract Schedules, reflecting actual progress and ensuring schedule completion of the Work within the contract constraints.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A proven team player with the skills and ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient at reading drawings and schematics.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction management.
- Applicable degree in Construction Management or equivalent is desired.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is required, Engineer in Training registered with the PEO may be considered. Other relevant designations would be considered an asset.
- Experienced working in large infrastructure and construction projects preferably in mass transit or transportation.
- Must have a JHSC certification if elected as a worker member of the JHSC.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA Program Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 24, 2023, 12:22:20 PM
Req ID: 230003VO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans