Construction Coordinator Mechanical
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Construction coordinators have two primary functions.
1. Provide expert technical assistance, which shall be; provide technical support to craft, RFI initiation, sketches and drawings, initiating and follow through of design change requests, planning and sequencing, interfacing with design teams and home office engineering.
2. Responsible for the in-progress testing verification, inspections, quality verifications, materials management, work planning, progress reporting, data collection and analysis to support the construction manager.
Construction coordinator shall be responsible to manage the construction coordination between all involved including, contractors, sub-contractors, engineering, procurement and clients. Coordinator will support the effective execution of the works by implementing and enforcing the safety plan, managing sub-contract and direct worker interfaces, schedule control and monitoring, ensuring procurement is aligned with construction schedule, in progress works meets quality requirements and progress measurement. Construction coordinator should be forward looking and remove obstacle and highlight potential issues to execution.
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• May be required to participate in pre-construction planning efforts during the development phase of projects including development of the Construction Execution Plan, and reviewing and analyzing various project schedules.
• Coordinates the interface between Construction and the other disciplines on the project including Design Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts.
• Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work within the Construction disciplines and ensures compliance with project safety, quality, and schedule and cost requirements.
• Must fully understand Fluor’s specifications and is responsible to provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of Construction Managers, Superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving of technical related issues.
• Participate in the review of all contractors Quality Manuals and ITP’s to ensure that they meet with applicable codes, standards and Project Specifications.
• Is responsible for coming to agreement with the contractor on any Field changes required during the Construction and to evaluate all other change requests and interface with the Module Management Team Members such as the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications.
• Is accountable for assuring that the Contractors Construction Supervision and the QA personnel interpret drawings and specifications correctly and that the work is being performed and inspected in accordance to approved Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's).
• Is responsible to participate in the review of Contractor progress reports to ensure accurate reporting and measurement of progress, and to report any potential impacts with regards to the Project Schedule.
• Participate in Project Risk Reviews and development of Mitigation Plans if required.