Civils and Undergrounds Completions Construction Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Civils and Undergrounds Completions Construction Coordinator shall be responsible to manage the construction coordination between all involved including, contractors, sub-contractors, engineering, procurement and clients. The Construction Coordinator will support the effective execution of the works by implementing and enforcing the safety plan, managing sub-contract and direct worker interfaces, schedule control and monitoring, ensuring procurement is aligned with construction schedule, in progress works meets quality requirements and progress measurement. The Construction Coordinator should be forward looking and remove obstacle and highlight potential issues to execution. The Construction Coordinator will also be responsible to his direct supervisor and the construction manager.
The Civils and Undergrounds Completions Construction Coordinator have two primary functions:
• Function 1. Provide expert technical assistance, which shall be; RFI responses, sketches and drawings, initiating and follow through of design change requests, planning and sequencing, interfacing with design teams and home office engineering.
• Function 2. Responsible for the in-progress testing verification, inspections, quality verifications, materials management, work planning, progress reporting, data collection and analysis to support the construction manager.
Support of the Earthworks and Utility scopes, which include underground utilities, stockpiles, creek diversions, heavy haul roads.
• Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work within the Construction disciplines and ensures compliance with project safety, quality, schedule, cost and security requirements.
• Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned self-perform works within the Construction disciplines and ensures compliance with project safety, quality, schedule, cost and security requirements.
• Coordinates the interface between Construction and the other disciplines on the project including Design Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts and the Client team.
• Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of Construction Managers, Superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving of technical related issues.
• Evaluate change requests and interfaces with the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications.
• Participates in pre-construction planning efforts during the development phase of projects including development of the Construction Execution Plan, and reviewing and analyzing EPC schedules.
• Work with the planners and schedulers to identify any potential conflicts.
• Coordinates materials, RFIs, Asbuilts, locates, survey, equipment, concrete supply and service contractors
• Complete all required quality inspections and documentation required by the Quality Management System.
• Complete daily progress and reporting daily completed and in progress work.
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Working in Home Office and Project Site locations. On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and various levels of outside weather.