City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Category Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal – serve our customers better.
We are constantly evolving and transforming to be the best and we need the right people on our team to ensure we get there. Our Rogers Procurement team supports our diverse and dynamic business and if you take initiative, thrive on driving changing and excel in a fast-paced vibrant environment, then come deliver your best with us.
Reporting to the Category Director for Marketing and Services, this Category Manager position is a key role within the Procurement and Supplier Management department. The successful candidate will be an expert within the spend category and will be quickly be recognized by the Rogers business partners as a valued contributor in helping manage the category strategic direction, total cost of ownership and overall risk. This individual must be an excellent communicator with proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization. You will be responsible for setting and delivering to savings targets with a TCO mindset for the spend category. You will deliver to these goals by working collaboratively with other groups within Procurement and with our business partners across Rogers, leveraging competitive sourcing strategies and priming key supplier negotiations.
What you'll be doing:
• Creating comprehensive category strategies addressing on category historic spend, top suppliers, marketplace intelligence, industry trends, issues, gaps, opportunities, innovations, alternative commercial and recognized best practices.
• Works with business partner to bring input and alignment. Continually seeking out opportunities to deepen category understanding.
• Managing relationships with key suppliers to deliver increased value to Rogers and to support the Procurement vendor management model.
• Ensuring procurement cost saving challenges are built into the capital and operating budgets and Procurement’s projects and efforts are aligned to meet budget expectations.
• Managing the analysis of spend data to assist with the identification of sourcing and cost take-out opportunities, both short term and long term. Identifying efficiency opportunities.
• Managing relationships with key vendors to deliver increased value to Rogers and to support the Procurement vendor management model.
• Lead, develop and execute of RFPs/RFIs using the SAP Ariba sourcing tool.
• Support vendor negotiations that are high value/high risk to the Rogers’ organization.
• Evaluate and analyze bids and deliver effective vendor recommendations through presentations to procurement leadership and Business Unit partners.
• Lead vendor negotiations for commercial and general contract terms.
• Manage complex vendor contracts, SLAs, etc. to optimize costs and ensure vendor performance.
• Manage the development of SOWs between Rogers Business Unit partners and vendors.
• Complete complex analytical tasks - including vendor and market analysis, pricing, vendor reviews and business modeling as it relates to procurement options.
• Cost/benefit analysis and formulate recommendations based on that data.
• Work on cross functional procurement initiatives and play an integration role for the Rogers group of companies.
• Provide effective supplier leadership to resolve contracting issues.
What you have:
• University degree with a concentration in business, math, finance, economics or related fields.
• 5+ years relevant work experience with deep knowledge of category, market trends and impacts to cost structures.
• Experience in procurement of services that include but not limited to SOW writing, negotiating Master Services Agreements, and managing vendor reviews/disputes.
• Good business/financial acumen and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communications, listening and influencing skills and ability to communicate complex information to decision makers and key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• Proven ability to perform in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
• Results-oriented mindset.
• Strong project management skills required as well as the ability to manage/oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency and systems experience with Oracle, SAP Ariba, and Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong understanding of the Canadian telecommunications and media industry is desirable.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Procurement & Category Management
Requisition ID: 289483
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate