Business Analyst, HR
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Analyst, HR - ( 230001RU )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
We are looking for a Business Analyst, HR, on a permanent, full-time basis for our Business Experience (BX) HR/Payroll Delivery team, who is a creative problem solver and passionate about improving the experience our Talent Services and Global HR partners have in effectively managing their HR efforts company wide. This role will report to the Team Lead, Employment Solution Delivery, and will help streamline numerous HR systems across multiple geographies such as North America, Continental Europe and Asia Pacific while working towards integrating them with Oracle EBS/Fusion Cloud as the source of truth. Additional responsibilities include implementing changes to existing functionality and delivering new features in Stantec systems within the global Core HR & Compensation modules.
Overall, the Business Analyst, HR is the liaison to the various stakeholders involved in the Talent Services business process and will ensure the underpinning system functionality and flows effectively and efficiently meets the various stakeholder needs, both from a day-to-day support and continuous improvement perspective. To successfully accomplish this, you will take a disciplined agile approach working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and engaging with our application development teams to translate them into application requirements and validate solutions throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understand the global HR business practice and system flows and deliver appropriate solutions that adhere to Stantec’s philosophy and culture.
- Work closely with the business users to capture and refine business decisions and requirements to a sufficient level of detail for system solutions to be developed.
- Work as an integral member of the product team to translate, refine and validate business requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from design through to testing.
- Perform in-depth internal testing of system changes to prepare the system for business user testing.
- Engage business users as appropriate to validate and refine requirements and functional solution designs.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional, and system testing and assist in issue resolution; develop test cases as required.
- Partner with designated Business Process Leads to analyze current state business processes, identify pain-points, and develop recommendations for process/system improvement.
- Develop process models and other project deliverables using Microsoft Office tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Assist stakeholders to develop business practice and policy documentation.
- Support cross-functional programs and projects that may include HR, IT and other user communities.
- Facilitate formal user acceptance testing and participate in testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
- Assist the team with day-to-day operational issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of the underpinning system functionality and flows that have been configured in Oracle EBS 12.2 and Oracle Fusion HCM with strong focus on Core HR and Compensation modules.
- Good understanding of HR/Compensation principles, concepts and processes.
- Experience performing business analysis and capturing business requirements in a structured systematic manner.
- Experience in supporting the preparation of test plans/cases/scripts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving, and a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge on integration touchpoints between Oracle ERP products and third-party solution providers will be an asset.
- Strong system troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices would be an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- QA (Quality Assurance) testing tools such as qTest
- Fluency in French is considered as an asset.
- Expertise in any of the cloud HR solutions such as SAP SuccessFactors, Workday etc. will be considered as comparable experience to Oracle Fusion.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree, ideally related to Business or Management Information Systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Periodic off hours work required to support production issues that may arise during support system implementations.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 17, 2023, 8:18:46 AM
Req ID: 230001RU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans