City : Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the AWP Manager, and liaising with Construction Managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and technical knowledge/direction to support contractors’ Workface Planning program for the project.
• Play an active role in the safety culture on site and enforce safety standards
Actively engage in hazard identification and work closely with HSE groups to facilitate a safe work environment
• Lead by example and strongly support both Fluor and the client’s HSE programs
Liaise with the Construction Manager on a continuous basis to ensure all AWP project standards and processes are adhered to across the project taskforce
• Promote Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) objectives and procedures
• Provides planning, construction execution sequencing and work packaging coordination to Area Construction Manager and Superintendents at site. This includes the following:
- Managing construction work package coordination with home office engineering and procurement in support of the Path of Construction and Schedule
- Work with various departments to facilitate the transfer of information in support of work packaging
- Providing and/or coordinating specific construction and fabrication execution expertise for problem solving
- Verify accuracy and availability of data required to build work packages through testing of the systems and coordination with home office engineering, procurement, and project controls
- Coordinate with the Construction Automation team (CATS), O3 constraint management team, materials management teams and others to ensure work packaging systems / tools are fully functioning
- Work with CATs team and Project Controls team to align their data management implementation for AWP
- Define/create early conceptual IWP’s for purposes of testing systems and defining material requirements
- Responsible for the coordination of the WFP activities within their designated areas
- Oversee and coordinate with contractor WFP Champions in developing a WFP program that meets WFP requirements. This includes reviewing Contractor’s WFP manual and IWP release plan template to ensure compliance with project’s WFP requirements and maintain consistency of the overall WFP program.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the contractor’s Workface Planners in their preparation of Installation Work Packages (IWP)
- Facilitate weekly IWP Constraint Review sessions on site to review constraints associated with IWPs for all applicable contractors. Construction Coordinators will assist in facilitating this activity, as required.
• Provide support of material allocation for scheduled work packages. This includes the following:
- Leading early integration with WFP teams, Construction Coordinators, construction support functions on site and field material management teams regarding the FMR or SPC E-Bom material request process.
- Resolving any material constraints with Construction Coordinators, Field Material Management teams, and construction support functions.
- Providing oversight to ensure compliance with the WFP-material management processes
• Provide support in facilitating the required contractor training for the supplied software programs (SPC and O3). This will include facilitating automation tool demonstrations as needed
• Support AWP/WFP training requirements.
• Audit Installation Work Packages (IWPs) to ensure that they meet construction needs and organizational requirements and perform weekly IWP audit report reviews with contractors and ensure issues and errors are resolved in a timely fashion. Provide coordination, guidance, and mentorship to contractor in developing practical solutions.
• Oversee IWP progress and ensure that IWPs are efficiently and accurately tracked and reported to the project
• Facilitate IWP closeout sessions with Construction Coordinators.