City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architectural Technologist - ( 230004KK )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Our Alberta team is in search of an Architectural Technologist (Intermediate positions). Your role is to work on our retail program for a current banking client with some general guidance from a Senior Designer or Architect as needed. You will perform work using sound judgement and discretion in resolving problems. You will be developing elevations, sections, 3D renderings and architectural details for projects primarily using Revit.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of medium complexity/size.
- Inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Assists with conceptualizing a building design from both a technical and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget, and program.
- Applies sound principles and best practices in developing a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- May participate in design critiques and pin-ups to evaluate constructability of design concepts.
- Internally presents the design to consulting disciplines during early project phases.
- Leverages a solid understanding of principles to develop building technology and systems in accordance with cost parameters.
- Develops space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with building program.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Competent in technical/functional aspects of design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- Thorough understanding and ability to sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Participate in project team setting.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Thorough knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Solid understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite.
Education and Experience
- Technical diploma in Building or Architectural Technology or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
- Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1442 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 8, 2023, 2:03:52 PM
Req ID: 230004KK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans