Application Support Analyst
City : Dartmouth
Category : IT, Telecom & Internet
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Application Support Analyst
Location: Dartmouth, NS
We have an opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Applications Team Lead located in our Dartmouth office, the Application Support Analyst will support and maintain a variety of applications and platforms.
The Application Support Analyst is the main point of contact for technical expertise and support of the large-scale solutions. The successful candidate will also triage issues to internal support, vendors, or partners to ensure the solutions are operating effectively.
A day in the life:
Starting your day with your collaborative team in a daily huddle to gain alignment on shared and individual priorities, share wins, and get support with any issues.
You’ll then dive into the day's work! Whether you're working to add value to business processes through implementation and enhancement of technology or to remove impediments, resolve issues and clear roadblocks you'll be working with a broad array of technologies, and diverse teams to improve the end user experience at JDI.
Along the way you'll zero in on opportunities to educate users, automate the mundane, perform root cause analysis, and improve processes; ensuring we're all better enabled to achieve our objectives day after day.
You can't wait to share the knowledge you've gained with the team!
Your Main Focus:
- Configure and test applications to meet business requirements and ensure core functionality is maintained and no bugs are present.
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve application issues reported by users.
- Escalate critical issues to the appropriate team or vendor for resolution.
- Communicate effectively with teammates and business users to provide efficient solutions and updates.
- Document and maintain knowledgebase articles, procedures and best practices.
- Collaborate with other support analysts, network analysts, security analysts and database administrators to improve product quality and drive solutions forward.
- Upgrade software or interfaces for better performance and increased security posture.
- Continually review the solutions and make recommendations to improve or maintain them.
- Provide coaching and training to teammates and end users.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in application support, customer service, or software development.
- Proficiency in SQL and Java programming language
- Familiarity with Windows Server OS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache, etc), and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Management software (AVEVA ERM, Oracle ERP, etc.) would be an asset.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management software (PTC Windchill, Autodesk Vault, etc.) would be an asset.
- Proficient in the use of MS office products (Excel, Project, Words, PowerPoint).
- A team player who is highly motivated to meet all deadlines and expectations.
- A detail-oriented problem solver.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing dynamics.
- Able to work with complex data systems and perform detailed analysis.
- Able to travel to company locations as necessary for requirements gathering, end-user training, and implementation activities.
- Eligible to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance (CAN SECRET).
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core.
With over 350 employees, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. From forestry, to transportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.