Accounts Receivable Coordinator
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR:
($55,323.90 - $63,393.31 (Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Officer (Accounts Receivable), the Accounts Receivable Coordinator monitors the collection activities for BC Housing’s accounts receivables, initiates the collection of overdue accounts and accounts in default, and performs the full range of remittance processing functions throughout the year. He/she/they acts as an informational resource for BC Housing staff, non-profit societies, and co-operatives in regard to collections. The position assists in reflecting the debt under the Residential Tenancy Board, the Refund Set-Off program (RSO), Small Claims Court and, in conjunction with legal counsel, the Supreme Court if applicable, attends mediation/arbitration sessions and court hearings as required to conduct BC Housing’s case against the debtor and/or to give evidence.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business, accounting administration, or relevant field.
- Considerable accounts receivable/collections experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment.
- Sound experience using computerized accounting systems and advanced spreadsheets.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounts receivable accounting and debt collection
- Working knowledge of legal collection and internal control issues
- Working knowledge of legal proceedings in Small Claims Court and Supreme Court
- Working knowledge of Debt Collection Statutes, Tenancy/Occupancy Agreements, Residential Tenancy Act
- Working knowledge of the Goods and Services Taxes, Society and Cooperative Act
- Working knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards Enterprise One (JDE1) system
- Good research, investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with difficult clients
- Ability to organize work effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to new situations, methods and priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.)
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.