City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
- Supervise a staff of 1-2 QA techs ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business.
- Planning QA staffing requirements according to staffing levels and production demands, including approving of hours on a weekly basis and vacation scheduling.
- Scheduling QA tasks according to program and production demands.
- Maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current QA programs and internal SOPs and compliance with BU and CFIA requirements.
- Ensure consistent execution of QA programs within SAP system.
- Conduct laboratory bacteriology procedures in accordance with QA programs.
- Maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current laboratory biosafety programs and internal SOPs and compliance with PHAC requirements.
- Biological Safety Officer for Containment Level 2 laboratory.
- Assist with HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verifications and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
- Assist with analysis of sanitation data to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation team feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
- Assist with third party audits (HACCP, Animal Welfare or customer) and prepare/coach cross functional managers before and during these audits.
- Assist in follow up and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Conduct monthly animal welfare audit.
- Conduct annual and new employee training on topics including but not limited to GMP, HACCP, and Animal Welfare, and revise training programs as required.
- Assist with cross functional SOP development and ensure that facility SOPs and related documents are in correct format, properly stored and distributed as per manufacturing excellence requirements.
- Conducting monthly GMP, internal and external audits with cross-functional team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assist cross functional team in investigating incidents and customer complaints.
Provide functional support to crisis team including functioning as recall coordinator.
- Developing a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels.
- Take lead on executing various initiatives to improve the quality and safety of our process and products.
- Support QA and Food Safety functions on after-hours shifts as required.
- Support to Black Belts and Green Belt projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Post-Secondary Education relating to Animal Science, Veterinary Science, Microbiology, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Two to five years’ experience in a HACCP recognized facility in a food safety or quality assurance role.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills to be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Windows.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated