Ville : VANCOUVER
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Systems Engineer - ( 2200046X )
Come join our Transportation Team and work alongside others who share your passion to support communities through exciting and unique transportation projects.
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. The Transit team at Stantec is looking to develop, support and lead the execution of Systems Engineering and Systems Integration activities on projects executed by Stantec in North America, with responsibility for those projects occurring in Canada.
Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Reporting to the transit and rail lead, the primary focus of the role will be to apply Systems Engineering techniques to consulting and pre-design stages of systems delivery. Our clients will appreciate your knowledge and experience in producing Systems Engineering deliverables such as system breakdown structures or interface schedules, to de-risk brownfield transit projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
Our projects and opportunities are multi-discipline in nature and range from complex P3 projects to short term feasibility assignments – your key responsibilities include:
- Perform systems engineering principals including systems breakdown, integrations plans, interface control documents, requirements development and systems assurance.
- Provide preliminary and detail design of signaling & train control systems and related communication and supervisory systems.
- Prepare electrical schematics for wayside and on-board subsystems as well as control centre.
- Ensure the design package is completed and ready for procurement and construction.
- Provide technical specifications, tender package, staging and detail schedule of works.
- Provide bill of materials (BOM) and specification for the signal design packages.
- Prepare test procedures and commissioning plan for signal installation and operation.
- Understand and follow the client’s documentation as well as regulatory codes and standards.
- Provide technical data and timely support to internal and external customers when required.
- Monitoring technical performance of the design and ensuring all milestones are met.
- Coordinate with other discipline leads and provides proposal support as required.
- Managing the quality of work in accordance with Stantec quality plan and obtaining the required technical sign-off and approvals both internally and from external agencies.
- Meet job/project deadlines as determined in conjunction with the project schedule.
- Perform engineering tasks according to corporate safety policies, standards, and procedures.
- Duties may be modified from time to time, however it shall be consistent with the position.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive Knowledge of signalling using IEEE, AREMA, CROR, FRA, CENELEC and MIL standards.
- Working knowledge of signalling and train control systems from major suppliers (e.g. Thales, Alstom, Siemens, Bombardier and etc.)
- Familiar with transit operators and their procedures such as SkyTrain/TransLink, Metrolinx, CN/CP, VIA, TTC, Edmonton Transit and Calgary Transit.
- Position may require travel or temporary relocation to customer locations as required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, CAD or MicroStation is required.
- Sound judgment, effective organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams, deal with complex issues and maintain effective working.
- Motivated self-starter able to work reliably and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in railway signals and controls design.
- Professional Engineer License (P.Eng.) or eligibility is required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1158 Transportation-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 12, 2022, 11:07:56 AM
Req ID: 2200046X
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans