Quality Assurance Specialist – Rotating Equipment
Ville : Kitimat, British Columbia
Catégorie : See posting on Fluor site
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the Quality Manager/Deputy Quality Manager and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the site quality control program. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions with the overall objective of creating and sustaining a quality conscious environment. This position is for a multi-discipline Quality Lead.
• Verify the requirements of the Construction Quality Control program (including the processing of any required revisions) and other project quality and technical requirements.
• Review and become familiar with the project technical requirements, applicable codes, standards and specifications.
• Monitor project and construction execution by regular surveillance and formal planned audits. Ensure the issuance of Quality Audit Reports to appropriate parties and the follow up and closure of audit findings.
• Ensure that construction quality programs and plans are being reviewed and appraised. This includes identification of appropriate hold or witness points on the contractors inspection and test plans (ITPs) and identifying interfaces with the client.
• Verify that construction quality control activities (both Contract Management and self perform) are being reviewed, audited and assessed to ensure that they comply with project requirements.
• Responsible for executing all field work safely and in compliance with the approved job specific safe work plans and Fluor’s safety policies
• Surveillance activities on the removal/installation of rotating equipment in compliance with the vendor’s technical manuals and design instructions. The chosen candidate will be expected to become intimately familiar with the vendor installation manuals for the specific equipment being installed at the job site
• Verify construction activities are conducted in compliance with drawings, vendor installation manuals, Construction Work Packages (CWPs) and Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), while maintaining budget and schedule
• As required, interface with design and the equipment vendor(s)
• Ensure that a nonconformance control procedure is implemented to control nonconforming work activities or hardware. This includes identification of trends and determining root cause so as to prevent recurrence.
• Attend weekly meetings with contractors to review quality issues.
• Review NDE results to verify compliance with contractual requirements.
• Surveillance of construction activities including; Civil works, mechanical, structural, Tanks and Piping.
• Review and audit turnover documentation