Project Controls – Cost Specialist
Ville : Vancouver, British Columbia
Catégorie : See posting on Fluor site
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : Fluor Canada
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position will report to the lead cost engineer and will be responsible for developing and maintaining the cost management baseline and systems for the assigned area/discipline.
The individual will be responsible for budget establishment and maintenance in cost, submission of PMAR and deliverables as required for monthly reporting requirements, cash flows, change management, cost forecasts.
• Liaise with appropriate internal / external stakeholders to develop and establish an approved project cost control and reporting methodology in compliance with established project policies and procedures;
• Provide oversight to ensure compliance with established procedures and cost reporting requirements;
• Responsible for understanding the complete scope of work and the project estimate, including any sub-contractor work;
• Analyze variances in cost performance against the plan, and communicates the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management and other relevant stakeholders;
• Liaise with client to clarify any cost related issues;
• Recommend solutions or recovery plans to schedule/cost impact or delays;
• Prepare reports for the project as required;
• Implement cost control functions including controlling authorizations of expenditure and cash flow projections;
• Coordinate check-estimates, as required, with the Project Estimator.