Ville : Brandon
Catégorie : General Labor
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
Employment OpportunityPOSITION(S): Production Worker (Permanent, Full Time)
LOCATION: 6355 Richmond Avenue East Brandon, Manitoba
STARTING WAGE: $16.00 – $22.70 /hour
- + Production Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Attendance Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Further increases as per Collective Agreement
Entry-level production work starts with packaging/wrapping non-knife type work.
The employee’s primary tasks include receiving live hogs, and or kill (evisceration, hide removal, by-product processing) and other related activities/ packaging and/ or visual inspection, sorting, grading, scale weighing, truck loading, cleaning, operating equipment as related to above process.
A 100% company paid Benefits package is provided including Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
- Participate as part of a team in the processing of hogs to produce fresh and frozen product
- Assist with various tasks in the department assigned
- Keep up to production line speed
- Most jobs in the Barn, Dressing, Cut and Packaging floors include assembly line work
- Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the plant
- Previous industrial / manufacturing plant experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions from cool to warm and wet to dry
- Physically fit and able to life, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 27kg (60 lbs.)
- Experience working with and committed to Good Manufacturing Practices is considered an asset
- Experience in food manufacturing within a fast-paced environment is an asset
- Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
- Must be committed to safe work practices
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be focused on continuous improvement
- Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit your resume and cover letteremail: email@example.com
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.