Ville : VANCOUVER
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Geotechnical Engineer - ( 220000UR )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We have an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary mining-focused team working out of our Vancouver, British Columbia office, as part of the Energy and Resources group. Our team works with global clients on world class projects and provides technical expertise in various stages of the project life cycle, from site investigations through to conceptual design, detailed design, construction, closure and reclamation.
This role will allow you to leverage your practical geotechnical project experience, focusing on technical project work, while advancing your abilities to win impactful work and manage projects and clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in the analyses and design of earth structures, including mine pit slopes, mine rock and tailings facilities and dams.
- Collaborate with our senior staff to complete geotechnical engineering design/analysis, evaluation of laboratory testing and field data, technical reviews, design, IFC drawings and construction plans.
- Prepare technical documents/reports and provide geotechnical recommendations to address applicable issues on topics such as slope stability, seepage, seismic design, filters, instrumentation, geotechnical performance, dam/slope remediation, closure, and others.
- Assist senior staff in preparing proposals, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff members.
- Communicate with clients, third-party reviewers, sub-consultants and internal stakeholders as required.
- Travel as required (typically <10% of the year).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, sub-consultants and contractors.
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™).
- Proficiency with advanced software (e.g. FLAC®, 3D SoilVision suite) is an asset.
- Proficient Portuguese and/or Spanish language skills are also an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ consulting experience in geotechnical engineering design.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with EGBC, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Geotechnical Engineer
Organization : BC-1295 Mining-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 2, 2022, 8:47:10 AM
Req ID: 220000UR
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans