Food service worker
Ville : Whitby
Catégorie : Part-time Customer Service
Industrie : Food And Beverages
Employeur : Sodexo
• Following proper food handling techniques. Dates, labels, and stores food properly.
• Keeping work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
• Maintaining cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
• Assisting in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
• Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
• Assisting in serving meals and beverages, following residents’ diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
• Setting and clearing tables in the dining rooms and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, serveries.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
You have experience in food preparation, customer service and are a team player ? we are looking for someone just like you!
Must have completed and received certificate from a Food Service Worker program from a recognized college as defined by the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, or a registered private career college in Ontario.
• Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate. • Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
• Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer. • Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs