Ville : Port Hope, ON
Catégorie : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assisting with the implementation of environmental field programs.
- Site work – inspecting, monitoring, and conducting environmental field activities (water management, ESC, dust control, wildlife management, noise monitoring, etc.), environmental sample collection (soil, air, water), environmental emergency response (spills, extreme weather events, etc.)
- Technical writing - report writing, daily dust management plans, daily dust logs, daily environmental inspection logs, maintaining key environmental issues tracking spreadsheets.
- Recording key environmental field data.
- Occasional physical work as required – assisting with ESC installations, replacing dust station batteries, placing tarps, moving pumps and hoses, spill response, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Environmental Lead/Environmental Program Manager.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering or related fields preferred.
- College diploma / certificate in environmental science acceptable with the right skillset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize evolving project requirements for multiple ongoing projects.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment with tight delivery deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical writing and critical thinking skills.
- Proven communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in the nuclear or construction/remediation-based sector considered an asset.
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel, and all programs under MS Office.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and QMS related processes.
- Eligible for Reliance status security clearance.
- Valid G Class license.