Accounts Payable Clerk
Ville : Surrey, BC
Catégorie : 8121AP-Finance - Accounts Payable
Industrie : Education
Employeur : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Reporting to Senior Accounts Payable Clerk, this position is responsible for ensuring documentation submitted to the Finance database complies with established accounting principles and University policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of the first year of an accounting/business program supplemented with approximately three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of integrated finance accounting systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common PC applications software such as spreadsheet, database and word processing.
- Proven ability to communicate courteously and effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with a diverse range of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to compose routine and non-routine correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
click here for a more detailed job description
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.