Ville : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Catégorie : Computer Software Engineer, Systems Software
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177495
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
Scotiabank’s Term Lending System (TLS) team is responsible for building, maintaining, and servicing the mortgage system of the Bank. We work collaboratively with our business partners Real Estate Secured Lending (RESL) and Insurance Canada (IC) to understand and achieve a holistic view of all customers’ various mortgage and creditor insurance needs and requirements.
To support the above vision, we are seeking an energetic Java Developer who will play an important part in the team and help achieve the desired goals by analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of our application.
We are looking for individuals who will work as a member of a dynamic Agile team developing mortgage solutions for retail customers of Scotiabank.
The Mortgage and Retail Lending team supports the enhancement, development, and maintenance of critical mortgage applications within Canadian Banking. The Term Lending System is a Critical Information Asset of the bank that is the book of record for mortgages. As a member of a full stack team, duties performed will include implementation and operational support.
The applicant should possess excellent problem-solving skills, who can technically troubleshoot issues/problems independently and provide solutions. The applicant must possess the ability to work with technology focused peers and work on multiple projects concurrently. For this role the candidate should ideally have an understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies and be capable of thriving in a fast paced, challenging work environment and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Responsible for system analysis, design / development, technical documentation, implementation and support for existing applications and systems.
- Adding features and improving functionality of the mortgage system to ensure consistent approaches for the overall system.
- Participate in estimation and planning of development efforts required for various projects and enhancements.
- Working collaboratively with product owners, stakeholders, and global team of experts to assist in discovering the current system behavior and provide recommendations on improving the current system.
- Participate in production issue resolution by performing root cause analysis for production and implementation issues.
- Keeping current with and driving adoption of best practices and tooling for developing and testing backend applications.
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Basic understanding of SDLC tooling and processes
- Experience in Java development and in up-to-date build/integration tools i.e., Ansible, Git, Jenkins
- Scripting capability, i.e., Unix Shell, SQL
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practices, i.e., TDD, CI/CD
- Customer focused – learn about the business to help bring value to our customer
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and willing to learn new skills
- Willing to carry a pager on a rotational basis to provide production support off hours
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.