City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175728
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Employee and Issuer Project (EIP) team, part of the GWRT Compliance group is beginning a global new migration project from an older Legacy Vendor Solution
The Role: Software Engineer
Contributes to the overall success of the Compliance Technology team in supporting Global Banking and Markets Compliance programs
Is this role right for you?
- Fulfil development activities as the main member of the development team, planning and executing to meet Compliance Transformation EIP objectives as well as program/project milestones
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Work closely with Business Analyst/User Support team to interpret requirements and translate them to application solutions
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Continuously optimize, evolve, and automate build processes with scalability in mind
- Participate in the development and implementation of new systems or enhancements by running required conversion programs, perform shakedown testing of the production environments, prepare the Change Control Release documentation, and run the parallel test cycles
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Java/Python, Spring Boot, RESTful services, and a variety of Microservices
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing all stages of the technology product life cycle
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Connect with internal/external teams, host meetings and work sessions
- Work highly flexible hours to ensure the project deliverables are met
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 6+ years of technical experience in developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java/Python, Spring/Spring Boot, Unix scripting, SQL.
- 5 years of experience using SQL on databases such as (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PL/SQL).
- 2 years of experience with ReactJS.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience with one of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, Apache NIFI, Hadoop, Camel, Elastic Search, JSON.
- Experience in building public and internal REST APIs
- Strong development techniques, such as debugging, testing (Unit, Integration and Contract), Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, coding, use of productivity tools (GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket etc.)
- Hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka, message queue, and related technologies
- Must be able to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick decisions under pressure
- Must be proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details
- Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skill
- Demonstrated ability to lead team members with different opinions and levels of experience
- Develop effective relationship with technology partner, business and compliance users, and different stakeholder groups
- Knowledge in Capital Markets Products, Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers and Employee Trading Programs, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Framework is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.