Sales Development Representative
Ville : Markham
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Technology/Computer Services
Employeur : IBM
The Digital Development team is a dynamic and collaborative sales environment where the DDR is at the forefront to represent IBM to those clients that have shown interest in IBM but may not yet be clear on how IBM can help as well as to prospect to new clients that may not yet be engaged with IBM. The DDR works with the client to understand their need and to translate that to how IBM offerings (hardware, software, services, and industry solutions) can help address that need.
What personality traits would make a person successful in this role?
Active Listening, Problem Solving Skills (including objection handling), Communication Skills, Relationship Skills,
Who are the primary teams this person will work with?
Other Digital Sales Sellers, Business Partners, Marketing Teams
Your Role and Responsibilities
Digital Development Representatives specialize in specific areas of IBM's Solution Portfolio and are the ambassador to our IBM clients/prospects, providing them with a superior customer experience at all times. Within their area of specialization, they perform the following tasks:
• Thrive in dynamic and collaborative inside sales environment to cross-sell IBM offerings (hardware, software, services, and industry solutions) directly to targeted customers.
• Leverage sales, offering and technical expertise to listen to client needs and translate that to how IBM’s offerings can help so to land new opportunities and seamlessly pass them to the appropriate opportunity owner (following brand defined IBM Routes to Market)
• Contact customers and prospects daily via phone to nurture/progress leads generated from marketing campaigns, targeted sales plays/call campaigns and prospecting
• Leverage strong prospecting, sales and relationship management skills to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly sales lead/opportunity targets as well as other defined objectives.
Using all tools at our disposal.. Sales Loft Linked Sales Navigator, CSA.
• Actively follow-up sell-cycle leads progression, provide feedback on IBM marketing campaigns and document customer pain points and requirements using established reporting tools
• Represent IBM at external events (i.e, working in IBM booths) to help clients interested in IBM solutions understand how IBM can help given the client needs and nurture that relationship for ongoing follow up.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience successfully calling into clients across various levels/lines of business with a track record of achieving and succeeding goals.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence customers and to assess their needs effectively (e.g. propose options/solutions, handle objections)
- Upbeat, self-motivated team player who is a fast learner and is motivated by the challenge of developing new customer relationships and increasing revenue growth within their targeted area
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively communicate IBM’s value proposition and interact effectively with prospective client contacts
- Outstanding organizational and follow-thru skills that include the ability to prioritize and execute on given tasks
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.